Monday, November 10, 2008

6 Random things about me

I have been terrible wqith blogging lately and I just saw that I was tagged to do this several weeks ago! Sorry, Kelli. I just don't think we have had anything exciting going on lately.

So, here is my post including 6 things about ME!

1. I am very superstitious and always have certain rituals I follow. For example, I always put my left earring in before I put my right one in. I always put on my right shoe before my left. I always start out sleeping on my right side in bed everynight even if it is only for a minute before I can turn over to another position. Wierd, I know!

2. I am becoming a runner. I run 1.5 miles every day and love how my body has changed because of that. I also eat very healthy now and have lost almost 25 pounds in less than 12 weeks!!! I am now a size 2 and 4 depending on how things run:)

3. I have been in the medical field ever since I was in the 7th or 8th grade. I started out as a candystriper in the hospital. I have been a nurse over 10 years now, which makes me feel very old and very sad to see how medicine is changing.

4. I have not traveled much at all. I have never been anywhere exotic or overseas. I really haven't ever been too far from Tennessee. I do hope that I can go to Cabo one day before I die. As for Europe, I could care less.

5. My dream car is a volvo. I know it is such a suburban mommy thing! I love the old boxy ones, too! Right now, I would settle for any new car though!

6. I am (or used to be) awesome at water sports. I could barefoot, slalom, trick and jump ski! I am so proud that that is the one thing I can do better than my sweet hubby:) My dream job would be to own a ski school and be out on the lake everyday in my swimsuit on my Mastercraft! For those of you who don't know, a Mastercraft is a competition ski boat that is equivalent to a Harley!

I cannot think of anything else! So...Ashley, Amy, Sara, and anyone else who reads this...Your'e it!

3 comments:

Amy Gregg said...

I put on my right shoe first as well! I also start out on my right side too! Very scarey - I'll try to do this soon!

Elizabeth said...

What are the sad things you see in the medical field? It would be good to know from some one with experience! :) I just know the sad from what I see.

4mcknatt's said...

Everyone is so worried about who will sue them that you can't actually "care" for the patient. Insurance companies have ruined the system as far as I'm concerned.