Thursday, August 9, 2007

Oops!

A few months ago at Maclaine's kindergarten check-up, her doc suggested that she might need glasses b/c she had some trouble looking at their eye chart. I thought the whole time...You aren't an eye doc and your chart is stupid and she has no trouble seeing. Well, I decided to get baseline eye check ups for the whole fam and ended up needing them myself. Yesterday was Maclaine's appt and boy do I now feel like the worst mom ever. It turns out that she is very farsighted and has bad eyes. Her prescription is so strong that he wouldn't give her glasses that she really needs yet b/c it would probably make her sick. So, now she has 2 cute pairs of glasses and I am having trouble looking at her and not feeling guilty. I tried to look through them and they are so strong that I couldn't see anything. Bless her heart. Who knew that parenthood could make you feel like the worst person ever. I asked her why she didn't tell me that she was having trouble seeing and she replied "Mom you are always at work" (double whammy.)

2 comments:

Libby said...

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. I think it happens a lot with younger kids. I waited a while to get Avery's eyes checked too, and he needed glasses. What I feel worse about is that they've been broken all summer and I just got them fixed today. They weren't really broken, but they were missing a screw, so he couldn't wear them. They fixed them at WalMart in one minute, for free.

Wendy Worley said...

We did the same thing with Becca. Worse of all, Tucker broke his finger, he kept telling us it was broken, but because he could bend it we said it wasn't. A couple of days later when the swelling would not go down, I took him to the doctor. It was broken along with the joint. He also fractured his elbow twice this summer, but could once again bend it. Strange!! So please, don't be so upset about it.