Tuesday, August 7, 2007

overwhelming

Well, today is Len's last day of summer and I think he is not very happy about that. I cannot believe it is over. We did have one of our best summers yet...I think. Between travel baseball for Mason, basketball camp for both, fishing, lake trips,and the beach we have been very busy. I am excited and overwhelmed about having both of the kiddos in school full time this year. I got my 07-08 planner yesterday and have been filling it out only to find that it is completely stressing me out! That is not good. On the other hand, how nice it should be to have my days that I am off work FREE!!! I have dreams that I will go to the gym daily, TRY to take up running (not holding my breath on that one) and keep up with the laundry and house work. In Len's eyes I will have no excuses. I have news for him...there are certain things mommies must do to keep sanity in the home. For example...manis/pedis, catching up on 6 years of missed tv, bubble baths, naps...you get the picture! Well, I must quit dreaming and get back to work.

2 comments:

Wendy Worley said...

My kids start to school on Thursday. This week they have started driving each other crazy! Time for a break! I totally agree!

Libby said...

I hope you enjoy your free days! The beginning of school is always overwhelming to me. This is our last week of summer, and I'm really ready for the routine of school.