Saturday, March 8, 2008

Let it snow...





For me, going to bed when you are expecting a big snow is alot like going to bed on Christmas Eve. You know you are going to get something, you just don't know how much you will get. Early this morning, we were awakened with squeals of excitement from the kids. They were very anxious to go out and play.
Mean mom that I am, I made them eat breakfast first. We made homemade waffles and enjoyed the morning.
After we had all put on several layers of clothes, snowboots, hats and gloves, we were ready to tackle the snow!
Our neighbors measured the snow and we think we had somewhere between 3.5 to 4 inches. That is the biggest snowfall that my children have ever seen. It was gorgeous.
They loved to sled down the hill, play football, try to build a snowman and throw many snowballs.
I posted the picture of our back yard. We are blessed to have such a beautiful pond and view. Hope that you all had as much fun as we did. I was sad to see the sun melt it so fast, but I must admit...that is the best kind of snow. I like to anticipate it, play in it, the be done with it.
Now, PLEASE WARM UP AND BE SPRING!!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I love those pictures. I can tell they had SO much fun. I am with you now... We have seen snow NOW LET'S GET ON WITH SPRING!!

Wendy Worley said...

I am so glad you have posted these great pictures. We had a few flurries, that melted before it hit the ground. They looked like they had lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.