Friday, March 7, 2008

YIIIPPPEEEE!!!

While I was getting dressed this morning, I was shocked to hear the weatherman talking about the winter storm we are expected to get tonight. I get so excited about this!! We haven't had a good snow since I was a kid and I really want to get several inches to play in. I went around the house this morning yelling and squealing that it may snow. As of this point, I think I am the only one excited about it.
I really think Len could care less. But he is a man of very few words...so who knows.
Mason is mad cause his first baseball tournament this year has been cancelled. (I can't understand why one could actually enjoy playing double header games in the 30 degree weather). He is also mad because he was to go to a birthday party tonight, which I expect will be cancelled.
Maclaine might get excited or it might make her angry...these days just smiling at her might make her explode. Who knows, but I do think the this week she has PMS. (Is it actually possible to still feel those signs and symptoms when you are only 5)?

So, here I am at work feeling so good and already planning for the snowman we will build and the food I will need to buy at the store (with everyone else in town). I am so excited at the thought of "hunkering down" for the weekend! We just are in need of time together as a family(can you tell)?

Oh well, have fun everyone and be safe, wear your cute snowboots, go out and throw some snowballs, YIIPPPEEE!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I was not as excited as you are but reading this has made me excited. I have already planned what Hannah will wear to go out and play in the snow tomorrow!! Your happiness is contagious!

Libby said...

I want to be as excited, but I'm being cautiously excited. I hate to get my hopes up and then get nothing. I hope we get more than they're calling for!! We really need a good snow. Have fun!

The Johnston's said...

I am right there with you. We moved to our "house on the hill" 3 1/2 years ago and have yet to have a good sledding day. All I want to do is slide down hill all day and hike back up (it will be the only exercise I get that I actually enjoy!).