Saturday, May 3, 2008

Twitching Muscles

At the school my children attend and I work, we have an annual tradition of THE TUG. Each child is named when they start school either a greer or a plato. I have been a greer since 1990. Len is a plato, so we are very much a house divided. The teams compete against each other in everything. It is a fun tradition the began over 75 years ago.
Yesterday was the Lower School Tug, and as a faculty member I donned my garden gloves and I TUGGED! I guess our teachers teams were pretty evenly matched, because it felt like we were pulling and not getting anywhere. Let me tell you, it was very evident that these arms and legs have not seen excercise in a very long time. My muscles were shaking and twitching! After it was over (we lost) half of us were either out of breath or shaking. Just another sign of aging, I guess.

No comments: