Saturday, May 3, 2008

At last.....

When we moved into our house over 2 years ago, I was faced with wallpaper from the early 90's. Think hunter green, burgandy, navy and gold...you know you loved it too THEN! I really don't like wallpaper and I really dislike stripping it.
About 1 month ago, after walking through my dining room, I decided that the best way to remedy this yucky situation was to have some fun. Yep, the kiddos and I started just ripping pieces of wallpaper off. WARNING: DO NOT BELIEVE HOME DEPOT WHEN THEY SAY THAT A CERTAIN REMOVAL SPRAY MAKES IT PEEL OFF EASILY...They are LYING,LYING,LYING.
Well, after a week or so of looking at messed up walls, and knowing that Len was not going to be helping me, I enlisted the professional help. Let me tell you, with what I spent at Home Depot on supplies,I came out much cheaper with these guys doing it for me.
Fast forward a few weeks...after they had removed the wallpaper, I said I would save money and paint the walls myself. I must have been high on stripping chemicals. The ceiling trim and walls needed help. Yesterday, I had had enough of my furniture being displaced and looking at patched walls, so once again these wonderful men saved me and repainted everything. The walls are a warm and rich chocolate brown and the ceiling is the lighter shade. It looks great! FYI, if by chance you have white ceilings, I highly recommend painting them...especially if you have moulding. You will be amazed at how much better it looks and makes your trim POP!
After a Target run to redo the upstairs bath (now very spa-like) and an expected run today to find a dining room mirror/picture/? Then my house will finally be one that I don't feel like I have to make excuses for. Woohoo.

No comments: