Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just another night at work...

So most of know you where I work (I have to be careful not to give out too much info), well I definitely encounter ODD things all the time. Here is something that happened to me last night that I have NEVER encountered.
It begins like this:
Phone rings
I answer...Hello V. R. (initials of where I work. I would actually say the name), this is Haley
The man says "Is this the naughty confessions line?" (Okay, now I didn't know how to respond. So many of my patients have confessions to make i.e. I am going to hurt someone or myself etc.. and a part of me thought this might be a higher up at the office calling to see how we respond to patients.)
Me: Well if you need it to be, then sure.
Him: Well, today I have been extra naughty. (Caller sounds like he is 40-50 yrs.old)
Me: You have? Do you want to talk about it?
Him: Yeah, I think I need a spanking.
ME: Oh...
Him: Yeah, a real hard spanking.
ME: Sir,
Him: I've got a big, wooden paddle here. Wanna listen?
ME: Not really, Sir,
Him: Should I spank myself really, really, hard?
ME: Okay, I am not going to continue this conversation. I am hanging up.
Him: Is the Monica?
ME: No sir, this is not.
Him: OH S..., CLICK!
Okay, so in case you didn't figure it out, that was evidently someone calling a phone sex line. I have had people threaten to kill me and many other bad things, but none quite as funny as this one. After I hung up we laughed the rest of the night.

1 comment:

amy said...

Funny... in a scary kind of way! I bet you are looking forward to working again! haha