Monday, July 30, 2007

All Ready Now...I Think!!

Well, summer is all but over and the back to school countdown has begun. I am shocked that they are both in "real" school! I am so excited for them(or maybe for me, since I WILL BE ALL ALONE!!). Today, Len played golf so the kiddos and I finished up some school things. Maclaine got her cute little inverted wedge haircut that I think looks so great on her and Mason got his trusty buzz. He looks more like Len everyday! Then we went out for our back to school lunch and finished our morning at the library. Yes, that would be to find the books they are required to read over the summer...nothing like procrastination. So, with only 15 books to go, I think we are getting there.
Our next hurdle is getting them back into a good bedtime routine. How does everyone else do this? Over the summer, we completely fall apart. The kids have been staying up watching movies until 10 (or later:() and not waking up until around 9:30-10. I have enjoyed that part, but I can see that waking them up at 6:45 is going to be rough for everyone involved.
Anyhoo, I am still looking for a job to fill my free time, so any ideas would be welcome! (as long as they don't involve nursing). Also, Laura and I have been playing tennis and we need some competition. Can you believe that a fellow parent asked me what "league" I play in. She wants me to be an alternative for her team! That is funny because Laura and I have our own elite team that can only play at the courts no one goes too and only during the hours that no one else wants to play (we would hate for everyone to fight over having us on their teams..Hehehe) In other words I SUCK! But, I do look cute since Len bought me the cutest little tennis outfit!
I learned last year that tennis apparel is the dress code for mothers at BGA. So, this year I plan to fit right in!
Happy last days of summer to all...

1 comment:

Libby said...

I can't believe Maclaine is going to school this year! I know it's going to feel like tomorrow when Chloe starts school.