Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pitiful

Last night at church we did a mock Bible Bowl. I have never participated in the adult challenge before last night and boy was I embarrassed. I was seated across from both of my children and caught myself cheating off of them! I was actually watching them as the questions were being read and I could see which card they were fixing to hold up. Well, I was confronted this morning by Maclaine. The conversation went as follows:
Haley: Laine...I am so proud of how well you did last night in the Bible Bowl!
Laine: Mommy you did good too!
Haley: Thanks..I had fun watching you and Mason.
Laine: Mommy, why were you always staring at my cards?
Haley: HUH? I wasn't staring at your cards, I was just watching you.
Laine: No you weren't...you were cheating off of me!
Haley: What? I didn't cheat.
Laine: Then how come you always held up the same cards as me?
Haley: Okay..I was cheating just a little, but only because I knew you would know the answers!
Laine: It's okay...you did your best!

How terrible to be caught by my daughter! We laughed this morning at how amazing children are and how much they know (more than I give them credit for!)

1 comment:

Libby said...

That's hilarious!! I never did the challenge, but I'm sure my kids would know more then me too.