Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day One with Squishy

Well, this morning was wonderful. For the first time this school year, Maclaine was already up this morning when I went to wake her and playing with Squishy. It was a good incentive to get her to go ahead and get dressed so she could have more play time.
She only came up to the other school nurse 2 times today complaining of a tummy ache, which come to find out was an attempt to get to come home to play with the rat.
Once she got home this afternoon, that poor animal was placed in her purse and strolled around our neighborhood. I have to say that is the poopingist thing I've seen! But, as I made clear last night, it is not my problem. We'll save that for Len when he gets home tonight!!
I still refuse to touch it and it gives me the creeps. I promise a picture will come soon.

On another note, let me tell you about the prank that was played on me today:
This morning I was at my desk at work getting ready for the day. The head of our school walked in and like every morning, he asked about our night. I was telling him about our new addition and how I was so afraid of him because to me he is a rodent, and at the same time I pulled out my keyboard and lo and behold a pretend rat had been placed in the drawer. I screamed so loud and about fell out of my chair. The maintenance man at our school thought that would be a good April Fool's prank. The I looked up at my beautiful tulips on my desk and they had put a little green snake coming out of them. AAAGGHHH!

About the tulips: Monday was my birthday and after almost 13 years, my hubby FINALLY got it right. If you are going to send me flowers, please think outside the box and do not, I repeat, do not get me red roses. I love tulips and have reminded him several times of that and HE FINALLY LISTENED AND REMEMBERED!!
They are gorgeous.

Sorry for rambling, but I just put Maclaine to bed with her upset that she had to go to school for the whole day tomorrow. She was pitiful saying that Squishy would be so sad and that was not what a good mommy should do. I think the guinea pig is going to be more trouble than it's worth!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haley, You are too cute! I love that you call Squishy a rat! That is funny. You need to be thinking of a good one to get someone back on the mouse/snake thing. That would have freaked me out too. Len did good with the tulips. Happy Birthday!

Julie S said...

I made sure I read Andy the comment about the roses, hopefully he will take a HINT! Julie S