Thursday, May 10, 2007

Letting go

Yesterday I took Maclaine to BGA for rising Kindergartners day. All this time, I really have not thought that sending her to school would be that bad. However, when she and the rest of her class went to take the tour, and I was left sitting in the cafeteria, I noticed that my heart had the same ache in it that it did when Mason started school. That feeling is an ache that just hurts way down deep inside. For those who have school age children you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I cannot believe how fast they are growing up. I have listened to Kelli's CD (which Len is tired of because I ALWAYS end up crying!!) and most of the songs are centered around being a parent and letting go. Is anyone else having trouble letting go?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I am having trouble letting go of Hannah not being in a baby bed at school. They are letting her sleep on a cot now at Day Care. I can't imagine how I am going to do with the other stuff. I just keep trying to tell myself that this is what we are suppose to do. Raise them to be the light and then let them go to be it in the world. I am giving myself a pep talk before it even happens. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

Libby said...

It's definitely hard to let go. Pretty soon I'm going to be looking up to my boys! We tell them all the time to stop growing, but they never listen! :) I can't even think about when Chloe goes to school!!