Monday, September 15, 2008

Poor Hubby

I feel so bad for my husband. Last night he was playing in a church league softball game. The games are so late that we never get to go watch, maybe we will from now on... As he tells it, he was going for a fly ball in the outfield when he felt pain in his hamstring. Knowing he was injured, he moved to 2nd base, but that was not working for him. So, in case he hadn't injured himself enough, he decided to go up to bat. He says that as he swung, he heard a distinct pop and knew that he had torn his hamstring. He could barely get inside and take his clothes off. He is hurting so bad and I feel so bad for him because I think he is finally feeling his age and it is hitting home that he is not the athlete he once was.

So, being the good nurse that I am, he is happily buzzing around high on Lortab and icing his leg while not feeling a thing!!!

2 comments:

Libby said...

I hate that he got hurt. Keith was really looking forward to playing with him this year. I was hoping to see you and the kids too. We try to come to some of the early games. I hope he feels better soon.

Unknown said...

He's a trooper!

Praying for quick healing...
so sorry!