Friday, April 20, 2007

Cheetalicious!!!!


Today was so much FUN! It was all about the girls today (sorry boy's). As you know Maclaine and Olivia are celebrating their 5th birthday on Monday. Today, for Livi's birthday we went to Libby Lu's, which is a little girls heaven on earth. Livi was so brave and now has "holes in her ears"(according to Laine). I wasn't sure if she was going to go through with it, but she managed to tough it out. I asked Laine if she wanted to get her ears pierced after watching Livi, and she said "I want holes in my ears, but I think I'll get it done in a few years"! (Good answer,Laine...daddy would have killed me!!) Livi decided they should get the "trendsetter" makeover. After it was all said and done, they looked sooo cute! Then it was off to lunch at Chili's and on to more shopping. What else can a girl want? Thanks Laura for sharing this day with us and for your friendship. P.S. Maclaine loved her Cheetah Girl look so much that she fell asleep with her hair still up!
It occurred to me earlier in the day that it was exactly 5 years ago on May 3, that Laura and I decided that it was time to lose the maternity clothes and get some new things at Target. So, with the babies (only 8 days old) we headed to Franklin for some shopping. We had a great time, but it was around 2:33 that afternoon that I had the absolute worst headache of my life. Less that 1 hour later I was being rushed to Vanderbilt by ambulance because my brain was hemorrhaging. I was told that I might not make it through. I did not know it, but Vandy's waiting room quickly filled up with our friends from Southern Hills before Len even found out that I was there.(long story...) I was so blessed by our Lord that I survived an event that I was told only 15% of people survive and less than that are okay after. 5 years later, I am healthy and feeling better than ever. How blessed am I? So, thanks to my Lord for letting me live to see this day, thanks to my family for their love, thanks to my many friends for their support. I love you all. Haley

1 comment:

Mindy said...

They are so beautiful. I am so glad you all had a fun day. Happy Birthday, girls! (( I want to tag along next time.. he he he ))