Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Right Before My Eyes...


Right before my eyes, my baby is blossoming into a beautiful little girl. She turns 5 this week and I can't help but think just how fast the years are going. It is a bittersweet moment in time for her mommy. I wish I could hold that sweet baby that loved to hold her "blank" and be rocked to sleep every night, just one more time. On the other hand I am so excited as I watch her mature into the next phase of her life. She loves (and is suprisingly good) playing soccer, playing with her many friends, pestering her brother, imitating her mommy, and trying her daddy's patience. I never thought I could love someone so much. Today, she and I planted our flowers for her upcoming "garden party." She chose to have a theme of pink(her favorite color) in our garden this year. So Maclaine....here's to you HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!! Haley

4 comments:

amy said...

This is Aunt Mamie!!!! I can't believe my "Lainebug" is turning 5 either. She has grown up so fast over this past year. I love those two kidos so much - they're great kids - pat yourself on the back Haley and Len. As for rocking her, anytime you need a fix...just come on over at 3:30 am, 10 am, 3 pm, and 8 pm.

amy said...

This is Aunt Mamie!!!! I can't believe my "Lainebug" is turning 5 either. She has grown up so fast over this past year. I love those two kidos so much - they're great kids - pat yourself on the back Haley and Len. As for rocking her, anytime you need a fix...just come on over at 3:30 am, 10 am, 3 pm, and 8 pm.

Unknown said...

Haley,

She is so gorgeous! I love those big old eyes. It's really fun having them turn five, and then you realize that five years are gone that you can never get back. I hope I enjoyed them enough and held them enough and will remember it all enough!

len said...

Maclaine does tests my patience as I'm sure I test hers. She is a wonderful girl who I love to fish with and shoot baskets. I'm so priviledged to be her dancing with the stars partner. I can't believe you are turning 5 Laine. It's time for another daddy/daughter date.